PROFESSIONAL AGGRESSIVE EFFECTIVE
Partner since 2006
Mark Floyd is a graduate of The University of Tennessee (B.S. Business Administration, 1981) and The University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., 1985). Mr. Floyd was admitted to the Tennessee Bar in 1985 and has also been admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee and the United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit. He is a member of the Knoxville Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association, Tennessee Association for Justice, and American Association for Justice. He has served on the Executive Committee of the Knoxville Bar Association Barristers and as a Barrister with the Hamilton Burnett American Inn of Court. Mr. Floyd taught trial practice classes at The University of Tennessee College of Law and Continuing Legal Education Courses related to trial practice from the perspective of plaintiff's counsel.
Mr. Floyd's practice has an emphasis on jury trial litigation representing plaintiffs in damage cases involving personal injury, medical malpractice and professional negligence, defective products, and worker's compensation. Although Mr. Floyd's practice is located in Knoxville, he frequently handles cases throughout Tennessee and has represented numerous clients from outside the State of Tennessee. He is married to the former Sheila Wilmoth, a registered nurse.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice and Professional Negligence
- Automobile Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Insurance Law
- Worker's Compensation
- Defective Products
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1985
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- B.S. - 1981
- Major: Business Administration
- Tennessee, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Teacher, Trial Practice Classes, The University of Tennessee College of Law
- Teacher, Continuing Legal Education Courses, The University of Tennessee College of Law
- Fox v. Food Lion, Inc., 2000 WL 1424805, 2000, Tenn.Ct.App.
- Sanders v. CNA Ins. Co., 1994 WL 258518, 1994, Tenn.
- Pike by Hancock v. Shadden, 845 F.Supp. 528, 1994, E.D. Tenn
- Seiber v. Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge, 1999 WL 178627, 1999, Tenn. Workers' Comp. Panel
- Donna Winstead, et al. v. Claiborne County Hospital and Nursing Home, 2001 WL 293005, 2001, Tenn.Ct.App.
- Beam v. United Services Auto Ass'n., 1998 WL 823134, 1998, Tenn.Ct.App.
- Smith v. National Union Fire Ins. Co., 1993 WL 835047, 1993, Tenn.
- Tennessee Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Knoxville Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Knoxville Bar Association Barristers, Executive Committee
- Hamilton Burnett American Inn of Court, Barrister
Current Employment Positions
- Partner, 2006